Ministry of HRD
Duration of Program
Agriculture Business Management course is a specialised two-year PGDM programme which focuses on business aspect of agriculture production and its international trade. The postgraduate course aims to craft professional business leaders and entrepreneurs in food, agriculture and allied sectors.
The Agri-Business Management program focuses on system-wide business and managerial functions performed by organizations throughout the agri-business sector.
This course is about transformation; it not only imparts knowledge, but reinforces the spirit of creative action in students. The curriculum of PGDM – ABM program is most challenging and exciting sectors to be in, either as a professional or as an entrepreneur. Faculties incorporate new teaching methodologies with their rich academic and professional experience; this makes learning and an inspiring development for being placed in the agribusiness sector. The course curriculum is designed to build and enhance a global perspective among students.
Different activities and events are organized by ISMR B- School which are appreciated by the students and Agriculture community.
Why PGDM in Agri–Business Management
- ISMR B-School has uniquely designed programme which shape professional to work in food and agri business sector or as agripreneurs in the evolving market
- The curriculum focuses on food and agricultural market and is designed to build , train and enhance the managerial capability for increased effectiveness
- The syllabus comprises of three components : Core Management program, agriculture –related inputs and elective specializations
- Advantage of ISMR B-School’s industry consultancy of more than three decades
Agri-Business in india provides an evergreen and ever –increasing expanse of opportunities
- Agriculture today accounts for 18% of India GDP and for more than 65% of jobs
- India’s total annual expenditure on food and beverage is estimated to be USD 150 billion
- Opportunities in agro based industries use modern technology in areas such as packing , raw material ,processed foods ,exports and allied field
- Progressive growth of Indian economy is augmented by the Agri –business sector
Top Careers in Agri-Business
Seeds / Fertilizer /Pesticides Industry
Milk and Milk Products
Fisheries/Edible Oil Industry
Agro Finance Companies And Bank
Agro Co –operative
Agro Equipment Manufacture
Supply chain management
ISMR B-School’s placement team is well-connected with regional and national employers and each year places candidates in varied roles and levels. We offer 100% placement assistance to amplify your career.
Our management programs come with well-developed project management and global business management skills, which are highly sought after by employers in both the private and public sectors. Our eminent recruiters are some of the blue-chip companies to reckon with.
Its really great experience to learn management in ISMR B-School; where we gain academic knowledge along with practical insights. As the college gives us opportunity to go abroad for International Industrial Visit (Dubai); we had interaction with prominent industry stalwarts and got the industrial exposure, experience and learnt how Companies operates in the foreign countries.
“ISMR B-School as an institute gave me ample opportunities to learn & grow in all aspects of life. Irrespective from where you belong you will always get the homely treatment. Commitment & discipline are the irrespective of the 2-year programme which has helped me to become better student and top of it a better human being.”
“ISMR B-School has given me a lot of opportunities to groom myself and compete in the corporate world. In short, it is an ocean of knowledge.”
ISMR B-School Pune has been a great contributor towards the development of my personality. By participating in the inter-university and intra-university events conducted by the School of Management, I have established my leadership, time management and team skills and have also been able to advance these skills to whole new augment level.
Hi, I am Kanishka Gupta pursing PGDM, from ISRM (B.school), in my view. Faculty of this college not only focus on theory but also focus on practical knowledge. I am in 1 semester batch (2019-2021) still they college provide us live project. In the campus we not only study together but also celebrate festival together and many other activities. It’s a mobile enable campus.
Coming to this college was a very good decision. All the professors are very good and give theory and practical exposure. There is Mentor and Mentee system followed here. ISMR B-School follows mobile free campus where mobile are collected in college hours. There are a group of managers like Class Representative, Newshour Manager, Cultural Manager, etc where selected students are given the responsibility to conduct. External and Internal environment is great. Proud to be ISMRian. ISMR Rocks !!!
The different teaching pedagogy is the best part about ISMR for eg. We learn management lessons through Indian style of teaching and through panchatantra stories where in we sit on floor on folded legs creating the gurukul atmosphere. The cultural activities which take place attracts most of the students and brings the best out of them. The mentoring session personally has helped me a lot.
I am pursing PGDM from ISMR B-School. In my view faculties of this college not only focuses on theory but also focus on practical knowledge. I am pleasantly surprised to get live projects provided start from the first semester. In the campus along with studying together we also celebrate festivals together along with many other activities.
The different teaching pedagogy is the best part about ISMR B-School. We learn management lessons through Indian cultural way of teaching and through Panchatantra stories wherein we sit on floor on folded legs creating the ‘Gurukul’ atmosphere. The cultural activities which take place attract most of the students and bring the best out of them. The mentoring session personally has helped me a lot.
If you want to kick start your career backed up with a good academic experience with a world class infrastructure and highly experienced faculty, then 'ISMR B-School' is the name for you. In ISMR B-School, I had countless opportunities to develop analytical skills, leadership qualities and proactive thinking through various cultural programmes and corporate events. It gives me immense pleasure to call myself as an 'ISMR B-Schoolian'.
How to Apply
- Valid score of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ CMAT/ MH-CET and other equivalent examinations
- Topics will be given to candidates in advance for Presentation Skill Assessment (PSA)
- Candidates who qualify based on the above criteria will be shortlisted for the Personal Interview
- After a satisfactory performance in assessment, candidates will be confirmed; subject to payment of admission fees
- Candidate should be a graduate from any recognized university/ institution of national importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade at graduation level.
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- If a student admitted to the institute is found to have given any false information or suppressed any material information, his/her admission will be cancelled, and fees will not be refunded.
- Cost of application fee once paid is non-refundable.
- The total tuition fee for any programme should be paid in 3 instalments (as per the schedule mentioned in Fee Structure).
- The institute does not take responsibility for the delay in transit involved in receipt and delivery of any communication between the institute and the applicant.
- All disputes are subject to the legal jurisdiction of District Pune, Maharashtra, (India).
- Those who are given provisional admission due to non-declaration of their graduation result are required to submit the marks sheet up to 31st October 2020.
- Students must follow all the rules and regulations, framed from time to time by the institute. Breach of any of these may render him/her liable for penalty under the rules and/or expulsion from the institute
- All programmes offered by ISMR B-School is compulsorily residential. Staying in the institute’s hostel for 1st year is mandatory and will not be changed under any circumstances.
The institute reserves the right to alter the course content of the programmes, rules and regulations, teaching schedule, tuition fee payable, boarding and lodging fees and/or any other matter pertaining to its working. The Management’s decision will be deemed as final in all such matters.