Ministry of HRD
Duration of Program
Overview Of Program
ISMR B-School is India’s leading business school with an international perspective. ISMR B-School, a place where ideas are born, theories are debated, and business is done. Much more than a source of knowledge, it is a catalyst that can make a difference to the career and personal progression of students. The PGDM course is designed for those who seek a program that mixes theoretical knowledge with the cultures of the workplace; where group work, lectures, seminars, real business challenges and master classes are a natural combination; and where the thoughts of first-class academics, experienced practitioners, fellow students and career experts are valued as part of the teaching and learning experience.
The stalwarts from industry and academia jointly design the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) curriculum. This program is full-time and in regular mode, rigorous but enjoyable, enhancing students’ brand value in the job market. The program is AICTE Approved.
The core curriculum of the PGDM program is meant to give students the knowledge and skills to succeed in all business-related careers. However, specialization allows the PGDM students to gain deeper insights into specific areas of business education.
The curriculum, comprising six terms, constitutes a judicious mix of core and elective courses. The first year comprises rigorous courses that hone the general management skills of the students. At the end of the first year, students pursue the Summer Internship Project (SIP) spread over six months. The SIP is meant to bridge the gap between institutional delivery of knowledge and contemporary organizational practices.
Program Mission – “Creating Socially and Ethically Conscious Corporate Leaders”
The mission of ISMR B-School’s flagship Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is “Creating Socially and Ethically Conscious Corporate leaders”. We aim to create well-rounded leaders with a cross-functional orientation. Program participants are expected to work with our faculty for achieving the following outcomes jointly:
- Mastery of the domain with enhanced functional skills
- Taking initiatives under uncertainty, with minimal guidance and supervision
- Persisting with unfamiliar contexts, subject matter and platforms
- Ability to interact and collaborate with people
- Clearly communicating arguments and listening to feedback, some of which may run counter to one’s views
- Understanding the need for contribution beyond personal goals and achievements
- Reflecting while taking decisions, limiting the need to be swayed by short-termism
Why ISMR B-School for this program
- Managerial accounting
- Economic analysis for business decisions
- Statistics and quantitative techniques
- Business communication
- Demand analysis and forecasting
- Enterprise analysis and desk research
- Organizational behavior
- Basics of marketing
- Legal aspects of business
- E – commerce
- Business systems and procedures
- Personality development
- Cost accounting
- Quantitative research methods
- Operations and supply chain management
- Business process re-engineering
- Advance excel and modeling
- Marketing management
- Human resource management
- Written analysis and communication
- Geo – politics and world economic system
- Business government and society
- Principles and practices of management
- Industry analysis and desk research
- Leadership Lab
- Strategic management
- Decision science
- Financial management
- Corporate governance
- Project management
- Selling and negotiating skills
- Marketing research
- Consumer behavior
- Integrated marketing communication
- Digital marketing – 1
- Marketing analytics
- Marketing of financial services – 1
- Financial marketing & Balancing operations
- Personal financial planning
- Securities analysts and portfolio management
- Direct taxation
- Futures and options
- Financial analytics
Human Resource Management
- Competency based HRM
- Employee relations and labor legislations
- HR Analytics
- Lab in recruitment & selection
- Conflict & negotiation management
- Labor welfare
Operations And Supply Management
- Services operations management – 1
- Supply chain management
- Planning & control of operations
- Industry 4.0
- Inventory management
- Operation Analytics
- Basic Business analytics using R
- Data mining
- Marketing analytics
- Financial Analytics
- Operations Analytics
- HR Analytics
- Start – up & new venture management
- Management information system
- Indian ethos and business ethics
- Enterprise performance management
- Summer internship
- Product and brand management
- Services marketing
- Marketing 4.0
- Digital marketing II
- Retailing analytics
- Marketing of financial services II
- B2B marketing
- Fixed income security
- Advance financial management
- Equity research credit analysis and appraisal
- Indirect taxation
- Digital banking
- Business valuation
- Financial modeling
- Strategic HRM
- Hr operation
- Public relation and corporate communication
- Compensation and reward management
- Talent management
- International HR
Operation And Supply Chain
- Quality management standards
- Services operations management 2
- Logistics management
- Total quality management
- Manufacturing resource planning’
- Six sigma
- Total production system
- Retailing analytics
- Advanced statistical method using R
- Machine learning and cognitive intelligence using python
- AI in business applications
- Predictive modeling using SPSS model
- Insurance and healthcare analytics
- Cyber Laws
- International Business Economics
- CSR & Sustainability
- Sales & Distribution management
- Rural & Agriculture Marketing
- Retail Marketing
- Current Cases and trends in marketing- I
- International Finance
- Corporate Financial Restructuring
- Financial Laws
- Fundamental of LT: Products and underwriting
- Current Cases and trends in Finance- I
- Organizational diagnosis and development
- Mentoring and Coaching
- International HR
- Psychometric, Testing and assessment
- Current trends & cases in HRM- I
Operations and Supply Chain
- Operations strategy
- Theory of constraints
- Service value chain management
- Strategic supply chain management
- Current Cases and trends in Operation and Supply Chain Management – I
- Unstructured data analytics with Handoop / Big Data / NSQL
- Foundation in spark and scala
- Banking Analytics
- Current Cases and trends in Business Analysis- I
- Competing in global market
- Management of non-profit organization
- Marketing strategy
- Marketing to emerging markets and bottom of pyramid
- Current trends and cases in marketing
- Technical Analysis
- Rural and market finance
- Current cases and trends in market
- Labor legislations
- Designing HR policies
- Best practices in HRM
Operation And Supply Chain Management
- World class manufacturing
- Enterprise resource planning
- Current cases and trends-I
- Data science using spark and scala
- Telecom analytics
- Current cases and trends in analytics
Value Added Certification
ISMR B-School’s placement team is well-connected with regional and national employers and each year places candidates in varied roles and levels. We offer 100% placement assistance to amplify your career.
Our management programs come with well-developed project management and global business management skills, which are highly sought after by employers in both the private and public sectors. Our eminent recruiters are some of the blue-chip companies to reckon with.
Its really great experience to learn management in ISMR B-School; where we gain academic knowledge along with practical insights. As the college gives us opportunity to go abroad for International Industrial Visit (Dubai); we had interaction with prominent industry stalwarts and got the industrial exposure, experience and learnt how Companies operates in the foreign countries.
“ISMR B-School as an institute gave me ample opportunities to learn & grow in all aspects of life. Irrespective from where you belong you will always get the homely treatment. Commitment & discipline are the irrespective of the 2-year programme which has helped me to become better student and top of it a better human being.”
“ISMR B-School has given me a lot of opportunities to groom myself and compete in the corporate world. In short, it is an ocean of knowledge.”
ISMR B-School Pune has been a great contributor towards the development of my personality. By participating in the inter-university and intra-university events conducted by the School of Management, I have established my leadership, time management and team skills and have also been able to advance these skills to whole new augment level.
Hi, I am Kanishka Gupta pursing PGDM, from ISRM (B.school), in my view. Faculty of this college not only focus on theory but also focus on practical knowledge. I am in 1 semester batch (2019-2021) still they college provide us live project. In the campus we not only study together but also celebrate festival together and many other activities. It’s a mobile enable campus.
Coming to this college was a very good decision. All the professors are very good and give theory and practical exposure. There is Mentor and Mentee system followed here. ISMR B-School follows mobile free campus where mobile are collected in college hours. There are a group of managers like Class Representative, Newshour Manager, Cultural Manager, etc where selected students are given the responsibility to conduct. External and Internal environment is great. Proud to be ISMRian. ISMR Rocks !!!
The different teaching pedagogy is the best part about ISMR for eg. We learn management lessons through Indian style of teaching and through panchatantra stories where in we sit on floor on folded legs creating the gurukul atmosphere. The cultural activities which take place attracts most of the students and brings the best out of them. The mentoring session personally has helped me a lot.
I am pursing PGDM from ISMR B-School. In my view faculties of this college not only focuses on theory but also focus on practical knowledge. I am pleasantly surprised to get live projects provided start from the first semester. In the campus along with studying together we also celebrate festivals together along with many other activities.
The different teaching pedagogy is the best part about ISMR B-School. We learn management lessons through Indian cultural way of teaching and through Panchatantra stories wherein we sit on floor on folded legs creating the ‘Gurukul’ atmosphere. The cultural activities which take place attract most of the students and bring the best out of them. The mentoring session personally has helped me a lot.
If you want to kick start your career backed up with a good academic experience with a world class infrastructure and highly experienced faculty, then 'ISMR B-School' is the name for you. In ISMR B-School, I had countless opportunities to develop analytical skills, leadership qualities and proactive thinking through various cultural programmes and corporate events. It gives me immense pleasure to call myself as an 'ISMR B-Schoolian'.
How to Apply
- Valid score of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ CMAT/ MH-CET and other equivalent examinations
- Topics will be given to candidates in advance for Presentation Skill Assessment (PSA)
- Candidates who qualify based on the above criteria will be shortlisted for the Personal Interview
- After a satisfactory performance in assessment, candidates will be confirmed; subject to payment of admission fees
Candidates with minimum 50% marks in graduation (45% for reserved categories) from any recognized university and with a valid score card in national-level entrance tests like MH-CET/ CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/CMAT are eligible to apply (all such exams shall be treated at par) enabling the candidate to appear for selection Process directly.
Candidates appearing for final year degree examination up to June 2020 can also apply. Such candidates, whose final year degree results is not declared at the time of admission will be admitted provisionally and after submitting a bonafide certificate from the Head of the Institute stating that he/she is a regular student. The admission of such a candidate will be confirmed only if he/she provides a proof of passing the final year degree examination marksheet with minimum 50% marks on or before August 31st,2020.
- If a student admitted to the institute is found to have given any false information or suppressed any material information, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- Cost of application fee once paid is non-refundable.
- The total tuition fee for any programme should be paid in 3 instalments (as per the schedule mentioned in Fee Structure).
- The institute does not take responsibility for the delay in transit involved in receipt and delivery of any communication between the institute and the applicant.
- All disputes are subject to the legal jurisdiction of District Pune, Maharashtra, (India).
- Those who are given provisional admission due to non-declaration of their graduation result are required to submit the marks sheet up to 31st October 2020.
- Students must follow all the rules and regulations, framed from time to time by the institute. Breach of any of these may render him/her liable for penalty under the rules and/or expulsion from the institute
- All programmes offered by ISMR B-School is compulsorily residential. Staying in the institute’s hostel for 1st year is mandatory and will not be changed under any circumstances.
Disclaimer : The institute reserves the right to alter the course content of the programmes, rules and regulations, teaching schedule, tuition fee payable, boarding and lodging fees and/or any other matter pertaining to its working. The Management’s decision will be deemed as final in all such matters.